In This Series
- Men, Malaise, and the Crisis of Character
- The Cultivation of Christian Character
- Cain and the Instinct of Sarcasm
- Samson and the Instinct of Adventure
- Moses and the Instinct of Ambition
- David and the Instinct of Reputation
- Abraham and the Instinct of Apathy
- The Real Work Ahead
Instincts and Character (8)
Sunday, January 30, 2022
Moses and the Instinct of Ambition
Ambition is certainly not a sin. It has helped many achieve great things. But left unchecked, it has a tendency to become obsessive and controlling. Ambition consumes us and causes us to lose perspective on others, on God, and on ourselves.
As we continue our look at the 5 instincts, we observe how ambition worked in the life of Moses, for good and bad. We also learn how sabbath rest can help us keep ambition in its proper place.