Services Beginning Sunday, May 31st
As you may have heard, Springfield/Green-County has entered phase 2 of its reopening plan (https://www.ky3.com/content/news/City-of-Springfield-announces-Phase-2-in-its-Road-to-Recovery-570632871.html).
The board has decided that we will be resuming our in-person services beginning Sunday, May 31st at 10 am.
There are additional requirements which must be followed. I want to cover a few of those with you:
- There will initially be no childcare or kids’ services provided. We are encouraging kids to sit with their families in service. I will be continuing our series through the Psalms of Ascent to keep the sermon length to around 25 minutes. Our services should remain less than an hour in length, to better facilitate family participation. The kid’s rooms will be available if a family needs to step out.
- We are asking individuals or family units to spread out in the sanctuary following social distancing guidelines.
- There will be no coffee or food provided.
- We will have hand sanitizer at the doors.
- Masks are optional.
- We will not be collecting physical offerings but would recommend you make donations online.
- Of course, if you have any symptoms or are uncomfortable attending, we would encourage you to stay home.
We will be working to expedite posting the service online for those who are not able to attend.
I am very grateful for the opportunity to worship together in-person once again, but we must also be good stewards of that freedom. To protect one another and to remain a good witness to the community, I’m happy to abide by these requests.
Also, we acknowledge that each person brings their unique health risks and precautions with them to service. We want to encourage you to only participate in ways consistent with those personal precautions and comfort levels.
Next week, I will be emailing out an rsvp form, which will help us better plan for those planning on attending. Please respond so we can have an estimate of attendance.
Looking forward to being together soon.