In This Series
- When I Am Afraid (Psalm 56)
- When I'm Not in Control (Psalm 62)
- When I'm Alone in Darkness (Psalm 88)
- When I Am Forsaken (Psalm 22)
- When I Worship (Psalm 118)
- When I Follow (Psalm 23)
- When I'm Under Your Wing (Psalm 91)
- Beginning the Ascent (Psalm 120)
- Where Will My Help Come From (Psalm 121)
- Peace for Jerusalem (Psalm 122)
- Freedom and Mercy (Psalm 123)
Sunday, March 29, 2020
When I'm Not in Control (Psalm 62)
David had accumulated everything a person could, wealth, power, position, but the rebellion of his own son Absalom left him devastated and fleeing for his life. It exposed how little control David actually had, how little control any of us have.
Psalm 62 is David’s reflection on this devastating time and how he urged himself to still trust in God’s power and steadfast love.