In This Series
- When I Am Afraid (Psalm 56)
- When I'm Not in Control (Psalm 62)
- When I'm Alone in Darkness (Psalm 88)
- When I Am Forsaken (Psalm 22)
- When I Worship (Psalm 118)
- When I Follow (Psalm 23)
- When I'm Under Your Wing (Psalm 91)
- Beginning the Ascent (Psalm 120)
- Where Will My Help Come From (Psalm 121)
- Peace for Jerusalem (Psalm 122)
- Freedom and Mercy (Psalm 123)
Sunday, April 12, 2020
When I Worship (Psalm 118)
Happy Easter! The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. There was no amount of power or money that could cover up his resurrection. Jesus was alive.
It was all as he had predicted. And in predicting his vindication, Jesus turned to Psalm 118. It is a psalm of worship which captured the remarkable reversal of God’s blessing on those men had rejected. It may have been this very psalm that was on Jesus’ mind as he headed to the cross and that first morning of his resurrection.